Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Love Language



My love language is 'words of affirmation'. Having lived all of my life with people who show love in other ways (I'm pretty sure that my mom's was 'acts of service' and my hubby's is the same) has left me somewhat depleted in this area and quite hungry for it. I know, I know...the point is to be able to love OTHERS in their own love language. As in, Lord grant that I not so much seek to be loved as to love...I get it...really I do...but still...

The heart wants what it wants.

Let's just say that I have spent a very good portion of my life feeling unloved, unattractive and unappreciated. There have been other contributors aside from mismatched love languages of course...loss of loved ones that lead to anxiety and episodes of depression being a big one.

Anyway, this past week while doing the Undoer of Knots Novena, I specifically brought this to The Lord. My answer was that it isn't that I'm not being loved...it's just that something is interfering with my reception of it...I wasn't tuned in to the right frequency if you will. I was trying to pick up 'vibes' from here and there and everywhere. It all sounded jibberish because they are all speaking their own love languages. There is only one frequency that is perfectly in tune with my needs, and that is the Lord's. 

However we still have to do the tuning in...that comes through relationship. Putting the time in to speak AND to listen to Him! He never disappoints! And if you listen carefully, you might hear Him speaking the words that were spoken at last Sunday's Mass, about you...'this is my beloved son, with whom I am well pleased'. And if words of affirmation are your love language too...your love tank might just threaten to over flow.

http://www.5lovelanguages.com


2 comments:

  1. Great thoughts! Mine is "quality time" and yet that is exactly opposite of how I have been (not) spending time with the Lord. Sigh. Always work to do. Thanks for writing this though! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting...I hadn't thought of using my love language in the context of loving The Lord! Hmmm.

      Delete